Tuesday, May 8, 2007

news from Liz

I spent last Thurs. & Fri. at Kari's house. Fri was Grandparents Day at Travis' school & I was happy to go. It was at 9:45 AM so decided to go there the night before so I would be on time!! The 2nd graders put on a program in gym -All the boys were dogs & the girls were cats. It was a darling program. 175 second graders in that school.The school is just across the pond from Kari's house . They have a robins nest under their deck & you can see the nest thru a crack in the deck--there are 3 baby birds in nest. This is the 2nd year she has come back to nest. Then Travis found a ducks nest by their driveway in some bushy trees. Charlie said there were 5 eggs in it.
Pudge has been busy trying to get my yard into shape.He just sprayed WeedBeGone this AM. There is a mole who really digs around & makes lots of tunnels-Pudge has tried just about to get rid of him but nothing has worked.
One other thing about Grandparents Day-- Grandchild takes you to his room & introduces you to teacher & they had a folder with a picture they had drawn of themselves & their Grandma--It was th cutest thing Wish everone could see it!!
I just got my invitation to Sarah's baby shower--another great deal with the computer!!
The lilacs are all in bloom now -so is my bleeding heart bush.

1 comment:

DD4 said...

It is wonderful that you got to go to Grandparent's Day with Travis. I'm sure he was proud to have you there.